Mutual fund AUM rises 4% to Rs 25.47 lakh crore in August

Mutual fund AUM rises 4% to Rs 25.47 lakh crore in August

According to the information said by a source in the month of August 2019, the country’s mutual fund industry’s Assets under management grew by nearly 4 percent to Rs 25.47 lakh crore from Rs 24.53 lakh crore in July.

A report said by care ratings the industry’s asset base increased by Rs 1.68 lakh crore, in the first five months of the year 2020.

By the end of August 2019 the assets under management (AUM) of debt, equity, and hybrid schemes stood at Rs 13.22 lakh crore, Rs 7.16 lakh crore and Rs 3.38 lakh crore, respectively.

A source said in the month of August 2019 the Non-Banking Financial Company’s(NBFCs) stood at Rs 2 lakh crore by the overall exposure of mutual funds to NBFCs and since July 2018 when the NBFC crisis began, there is a drop of Rs 0.66 lakh crore.

Mahindra Mutual Fund Badhat Yojana Regular Growth

NAV as on 18 September 2019          Rs 10.3102 +0.03(+0.30%)

Annualized Return for 2 years: -2.07% Suggested Investment Horizon: >3 years Time is taken to double money: N.A


Mutual Funds (MFs) withdrew around 35 percent of their investments from commercial papers of NBFCs after the liquidity crisis triggered in the NBFC space.
The percentage share fell from 19 percent on July 18 to 13.6 percent in August 2019, while the amount has reduced.

The percentage share of funds deployed by MFs in commercial paper(CPs) of NBFCs in August 2019 was at 6.92 percent of debt AUMs and the amount held was Rs 1.02 lakh crore. 

In the month of August 2019 investments in corporate debt paper of NBFCs fell to Rs 0.98 Lakh crore.
Since July 2018 the percentage share lowest and declined to 6.68 percent, compared with 7.73 percent in July 2018.
According to a report, the Debt scheme witnessed net inflows worth Rs 89,542 cr including open-ended, close-ended and interval schemes during the month. Among all these, the highest inflows were witnessed in liquid funds with Rs 79,428 crore.
Liquid funds had the highest share of 40 percent, followed by fixed-term plans with 11 percent share and ultra-short duration funds with a 7 percent share of the net assets of Rs 13.22 lakh crore of debt AUMs.
Top 8 debt schemes account for 85 percent share of the total net assets and the remaining 15 percent comprised of eight schemes with net assets summing to Rs 1.84 lakh crore. 
The largest proportion was of large-cap and multi-cap funds with shares of 19 percent each, followed by Equity Linked Saving Schemes(ELSS) with a 12 percent share. Out of the net assets of Rs 7.58 lakh crore of equity AUMs.
The highest share of 46.8 percent of debt AUMs was in short-term instruments with a maturity of fewer than 90 days. 
This was followed by a 32.6 percent share in long-duration instruments with a maturity of 1 year and above, 13.3 percent share in 182 days to 1 year and a 7.4 percent share in 90 to 182 days. 
In the Month of August 2019, the equity AUMs invested their funds in the top 5 sectors like Banks, finance, software, consumer non-durables, and petroleum products. And the report said they cumulatively accounted for around 56.8 percent share. 

0 Reviews

Write a Review

Read Previous

From SBI Mutual Funds to Aditya Birla Sun Life Mutual Funds, top mutual funds bulk up on cash

Read Next

In This Fiscal, Only 11 Companies Hit The IPO Market

2 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Translate »