Adani Power Ltd
ADANI POWER LTD
Adani Power Ltd established on August 22nd, 1996, and on September 4th, 1996, the company received an initial certificate. On June 3rd, 2002, the company converted to a private limited company, later changed to Adani Power Private Limited. On June 3rd, 2002, the Registrar of companies issued a fresh certificate to the company.
The company subsequently converted into a public limited company on April 12th, 2007. Moreover, the word private was deleted at the company’s EGM, held on March 28th, 2007, after it was no longer a private limited company.
Moreover, the word private was deleted at the Company’s EGM, held on March 28th, 2007, after it was no longer a private limited company. On April 12th, 2007, the Registrar of companies approved a fresh certificate to the company.
In addition, Mr. Gautam S. Adani and Mr. Rajesh S. Adani, along with their family, established the company. In 2004, the entire company shareholding transferred to Mundra Port and Special Economic Zone Limited (MPSEZL), by internal restructuring between the promoters. As a result, MPSEZL moved it’s shareholding to Adani Enterprises on May 29th, 2006. The company listed in the stock exchange on BSE, NSE, and MCX
- In the year 2009, the company started its first 330 MW of 4,620 MW at Mundra.
- In November 2010, the company commissioned another three 330 MW and December 22nd, 2010, the first 660 MW Supercritical Unit in the country with a capacity of 1,980 MW.
- The second unit of 660 MW synchronized on 0n June 6th, 2011, with a total generating capacity of 2,640 MW, and the third supercritical unit synchronized with the national grid on October 2nd, 2011.
- In February 2012, the last unit of the Mundra Project was commissioned to operate at 4,620 MW, making the Mundra TPP the world’s largest and fifth-largest, a private thermal power plant in its entirety by March 2012.
- A 40-MW solar power plant installed in Kutch, Gujarat, in 2013. It is the country’s largest solar energy project and was an essential part of the group’s energy sector.
- Adani Power Ltd, which was the largest private power producer in India and had an overall installed capacity of 9.280 MW. on April 3rd, 2014, announced the commissioning of the 4th unit of 660,000 MW of its power station in Tiroda in Maharastra. Earlier in 2014, the third unit was commissioned.
- The acquisition of Udupi Power Limited was declared by Adani Power Ltd on May 11th, 2015, and completed. It makes Adani Power the biggest Power Producer in India with a maximum installed capacity of 10,440 MW.
- In 2017, a power plant in Adani set a national record by operating for 600 days continuously.
- Adani Power reported a consolidated net income of Rs 634.64 crores in the fourth quarter ended March 31st, 2019.
|Chairman||Gautam S Adani|
|Managing Director||Rajesh S Adani|
|Company Secretary||Deepak Pandya|
|Independent Non-Executive Director||Raminder Singh Gujral
|Whole Time Director||Vneet S Jaain|